LibraryThing, unfortunately, has failed to grip me in the same way that Delicious did. I’m pretty sure that I’ve missed the point to be honest because really, I just don’t get it. Why do I need a personal online catalogue of my book collection anyway? And why does everyone else want to see what I’ve got? I’m not going to be loaning them out! No matter what my personal opinion is about its usefulness, I did find the website really easy to use and had no problems in adding my ‘books’ to my ‘collection’. And I even managed to add the LibraryThing Widget to my Blog. Eventually!
I tried to add my link LibraryThing but it seems to go to the log in page every time so I added it as a gaget instead at the top of my page. And remember, you can look but you can't borrow!
I tried to add my link LibraryThing but it seems to go to the log in page every time so I added it as a gaget instead at the top of my page. And remember, you can look but you can't borrow!
I do understand where you are coming from, but for me it's an easy way to keep track of the books I have (which are spread across) 3 rooms! And I never lend my personal books, unless I really know that person.
ReplyDeleteHi Claire, I see one of your favourite books is the Time Traveller's Wife - good choice! I have seen the movie with Eric Bana and Rachel McAdams...very nice too...
ReplyDeleteHi Lizelle, it's actually my favorite book of all time AND I love the movie too - that doesn't happen very often!
ReplyDeleteI havent read the book but i have seen the movie which I really enjoyed. I like you found the site easy to navigate even thoug it took me quite a while to find my books.
ReplyDeleteCheers Anne
Yes Library thing is not something I want to personally use either. Just the thought of actually adding in all the books I have read or want to read seems exhausting.
ReplyDeleteI had trouble adding the widget too!
ReplyDelete