Thursday, December 2, 2010

Geocaching

Just when I thought Web2.0 couldn't get any better - it just did! I'd never heard of geocaching until last night.  Now I'm already signed up, I've checked out the iPhone apps and I'm ready to go!  My hubby thinks I'm crazy.  And the kids are in for a surprise because we're going straight after school tomorrow to find our first cache - they just don't know it yet!  I used to love orienteering as a teen and this seems to be the modern day version (lets just hope I'm more successful than I was back then).

So back to libraries - is this going to be useful?  Well the library could be a good place to hide a cache as a way to get people into the library!  Alternatively we could host our own 'treasure hunt' or, as we are a joint use library, we could use it as an induction for new students to teach them how to 'navigate' around the library.  I'm really looking forward to reading other participants thoughts and ideas regarding this subject.....so go...get blogging!  Talk about saving the best till last!

5 comments:

  1. What a great way to finish web 2.0. It is probably the only thing that has really grabbed me. Something I actually might want to do in my own time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Claire, I never heard whether you ended up doing this. It sure sounds like fun.

    ReplyDelete