Sunday, December 5, 2010

Final Thoughts


I've really enjoyed this journey.  There are some things that I have liked more than others, and some things that I can’t see myself using again.  Twitter and Library Thing are two of the applications that I won't be using again in a hurry.  I can see why others find them useful but they are just not for me.  Delicious and geocaching are my new favorite things and I will definitely be using these again.  Geocaching proves that technology isn’t just about sitting at a computer all day, it can actually get you outside and take you to places you would never have thought of.

I think most of the technologies could be used in libraries in one way or another.  Facebook, podcasts, YouTube for example are greats way of interacting with the public in their own homes.  Not everyone can get to their local library so these make it possible for them to still be kept in the loop.

Before I sign off I’d like to say a big thank you to Mel and Mark all their hard work and commitment in trying to keep library staff up to date with technology.  The rest is now up to us to make sure that we do not get left behind while the rest of the World keeps on moving forward.

4 comments:

  1. Great to see people finishing the course. One of the most benefits is you can make an informed decision about what bits of web 2.0 you find useful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so envious that you have finished. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the caricature. Who knows where the way forward will lead us? Change is inevitable and thus we will always be learning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Finished so long ago - well done. Who knows what the future will hold for babies born today.

    ReplyDelete