Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Podcasting

I’ve been listening to podcasts for a few weeks now ever since I got an iPhone.  I loved listening to Hamish and Andy on the radio but never seemed to be in the car at the right time.  Now I simply listen to a condensed podcast which contains all the funny segments in one hit – and without the music and ads!  

Until now I never really given much thought about how podcasts could be used in libraries.  I haven’t heard anyone, other than  radio stations, taking about them but it does seem like it could be a really great way of allowing our customers to catch up on something that they were unable to attend.  Even listening to other libraries podcasts simply because they are too far away to be attended would be another great use for podcasts.  I think that they could be useful in a similar way to YouTube videos, just without the visual aspect - ie for talks from special guests.   Even childrens story time could be podcast in case our customers have missed a session.

Anyway, here is a link to the podcasts on the Hamish & Andy website.

4 comments:

  1. I might have to check out that Hamish & Andy one. Without the music and ads I could probably tolerate listening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have to check out Hamish and Andy:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe there's a Thermomix podcast somewhere out there?

    ReplyDelete