Thursday, November 25, 2010

YouTube




Need a tissue? I did the first time I saw the above video. I love how Christian remembers his original owners and greets them with such affection. Not what you really expect from a fully grown lion!


I think a YouTube video could be a useful tool for giving viewers a visual on what our library looks like and the different services we provide. It may even be useful if we have a guest speaker or a demonstration. Uploading a video would enable those that couldn't make the event to still be able to watch it afterwards.


Moving away from libraries, I love YouTube as you can search absolutely anything and you are pretty much guaranteed to find a video about it! My son is obsessed with looking at videos of other peoples misfortunes.  I have to admit that as painful as they are, for some reason they are funny. Just glad it wasn't me.  Then again I wouldn't be crazy enough to upload it for the world to see!





5 comments:

  1. I have a friend who is always sending me fails. Not sure where he gets them all from but there are some pretty ones. In fact, I won first prize on a funniest home video show for a fail I sent in. My grandpa shouldn't be running down the street throwing tennis balls anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Claire, I also enjoy ready your postings. They are funny! I love this cartoon - it is so true! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your choice of Christian the lion, amazing story:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cried too! That video is so amazing, I have never seen it before. I metioned it to my sister and she started crying too!

    ReplyDelete