Wikis are fairly new to me. I find the concept of viewers being able to add to the info really interesting and quite clever. But is it trustworthy? I am yet to come across a page that has blatently obvious incorrect info and my children do use it quite often for their homework and they have never had to redo it due to incorrect info so I think it generally is trustworthy. Maybe this is a credit to the moderators?
The wikis I viewed were Readers Advisory Wiki, Antioch University's Staff Training and Support Wiki and St Joseph County Public Library's Subject Guides Wiki.

You are going great guns with your 2.0. It is obviously something you are enjoying. As you can see I have finally worked out how to do the comments.
ReplyDeleteAnne
I hear you, wiki what? I still do not feel comfortable about using wikis, but then again there is a lot of (useful) crap out there!
ReplyDeletehttp://wikisummaries.org/ gives book summaries that anyone can add to... the library could do something like this with patrons reviewing, similar to our staff picks (what happened to that by the way?)?? Maybe I'm clutching at straws.
ReplyDeleteYes I agree with you, I was really finding it a stretch to see us using a wiki.I suggested ways we could, but I am not sure whether it would be used much.
ReplyDeletelove the cartoon!
ReplyDeletemaybe we should have gone Thermomix wiki rather than blog??
I've created a wiki on wetpaint and can't wait to see how well used it is by the crew I've put it up for. Love the idea of them for sharing info and ideas.
ReplyDelete